The Second Edition is Coming.
The second edition of Getting Jefferson Right is coming. Watch for the release date to be announced within the next two weeks. We are shooting for sometime before November of this year.
The final page count isn’t complete but we are adding in the neighborhood of sixty new pages of material and taking on new claims including
- Did Jefferson father Sally Hemings’ children?
- Did Jefferson use the Bible to write the Declaration of Independence?
- Did Jefferson require soldiers to attend church?
- Did Jefferson influence the creation of the Bill of Rights?
- Was Jefferson a Christian nationalist?
Some of those claims come from a focus on Stephen Wolfe’s new book, The Case for Christian Nationalism. He makes far fewer claims about Jefferson than David Barton, but we give him the fact-checking treatment nonetheless.
Watch this space for more news and a chance to sign up for the launch team.